A step by step guIde to Ordering the perfect portrait.
When ordering a portrait, there are a few things to consider first. This guide will give you all the information you need to choose a portrait that is just right for you
Page Contents How to get an order started: Prices Sizes Medium/Type Reference Photos Contact
If you reached this page, you are probably already familiar with my work, and have seen plenty of examples of my portraits. If you haven’t, please visit the gallery, or check out social media for daily updates of not only finished portraits, but works in progress too. You can find my Facebook here or Instagram here.
I would recommend first visiting the price list. This will help you see if my work fits your budget and if it’s right for you.
On the price list, you will also see all the sizes available, but if you aren’t sure what may be best for your portrait, please check out the size guide here.
I offer two different type of portrait – Graphite portrait and Detailed Colour pencil pencil.
Graphite portraits are slightly less detailed and quicker to do than the colour portraits, so these are a lower cost option. They still capture the likeness of the subject, and are done using the same paper as the colour portraits. They are also a good choice if your reference photos aren’t brilliant. Sometimes the reference photo isn’t clear enough for me to get any real detail from it, so the best option is a sketch.
Detailed Colour portrait are much more intricate. They capture all the little details, but do require a good quality image to work from – if I can’t see the little details, I can’t draw them!
The next step is to decide on the reference photo/photos. If you are not sure if your photos are good enough quality, or the right ones to use, please contact me for guidance.
Once deciding on the size, type and reference photo, please contact me with the details for a personalized quote – you can email or message me, or there’s a contact form below!
Please include, your name, if you need the portrait for a specific date, the size, the type and your reference photos
There is a contact form as the bottom of the page here, or please facebook or email me at email@example.com
HERE’S WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR EMAIL:
– The reference photos. I’m happy to take a look at numerous photos, so please feel free to send them over.
– What will I be drawing? Is it just the single portrait, or will it be multiple subjects? Are you looking for a head/neck portrait or full body shots?
– The type portrait you would like – Colour or Graphite. If you would like quotes for more than one type, just let me know.
– The size you would like. If you are undecided, you can always ask for advice. If you are simply unsure, please just let me know your budget and I’ll be able to advise. (This also applies to the type, if you have £100 to spend and want to know what options are available for that, please don’t hesitate to ask.)
– If you need it for a certain date. If the present is a gift and needed by a particular date, please tell me so I can let you know if I can do it in time.
– If you think you may want to pay in instalments. The normal payment is 50% deposit and 50% on completion but I do also accept instalments.
From this information, I’ll be able to give you a personalised quote, a time slot and all the correct details you’ll need.
After deciding on size, type and reference photos, the next step is to place the deposit. Once that’s been done, you’re all booked in and your order is guaranteed!
You’ll be placed in the queue and as soon as I can, I’ll get started on your portrait. If the portrait isn’t being done as a surprise, I’ll usually post work in progress shots on social media.
Once the portrait is finished, I’ll message you proof images of the finished drawing to approve.
Then it’s just the remaining payment to be placed and your portrait will be packaged and postage to you!